Hey, two years ago, I started a section on “Roadmap” … Ahem. I see it, column a “little” empty. One day, perhaps, I will fill it with a little magic this weekend in Rome, the discovery of Barcelona, or the fantastic road trip in Iceland …
Meanwhile, I had to tell you about Brittany! Yes it is “at least” see public utility. I am familiar with the south, the Gulf of Morbihan, the wild coast, a little west, Brest and Ushant. All these places are beautiful. If you have not yet set foot in Brittany, it is a necessity, you gotta go! No false pretense: “blablabla it rains.” On each trip, the sun was at an appointment, even when three days of rain were announced (Well, I stop I’ll jinx: D)
15 days ago, I had the chance to experience a little northern part including a small air of paradise: the Emerald Coast. Why this name? View more photos … Just look at the color of the water (yes it is in Brittany) to understand that a certain Mr. Herpin named it because its so pretty … emerald reflections, ah! In Cancale, the sea was a bit milky, a soft blue / green that reminded me of the Mediterranean to Corsica after a storm.
I went there only three days to work, so not really the time to ask me, any photograph and take 5kg. But do not worry, I did not let down so far :) On the very good advice Melody, I really enjoyed myself! So I did not have time to do everything, like Breizh Café in Cancale or Youpala Bistrot in Saint-Brieuc (not on the Emerald Coast but close). But it does not matter, it will be one more reason to go back! I’ll you on a little tour, and you made a small list below of places where you can take a few pounds :)
* At CANCALE:
- Take your morning breakfast at Grain de Vanille, bakery / pastry Houses Bricourt / Roellinger. The choice is great, the best is coming with a friend who will be half and half with you, it can taste more things ahaha. For our part, we cracked a Kouign Amann red fruit and a pommé, with a hot spiced chocolate. Remember starting to take some pastries for 16h, I loved the pistachio ”chou” and the mille-feuilles ! > 12 Place de la Victoire
- Go to the full spice to the Warehouse Olivier Roellinger. To test: the delicious curry Corsaire, with molds is exquisite! > 1 rue Duguesclin
- Enjoy the classic sausage patty at the creperie The Cancalaise with mustard and a glass of Chouchen (or not) for dessert … Grain vanille is just opposite! : D> 3 rue Vallée Porçon
And then Cancale is famous for its oysters, I have not tasted, but I guess it’s a little passage gourmet obliged :)
* At SAINT-MALO:
- Fill up on good Bordier’s butter. My favorite: the famous seaweed, delicious with nuts St. Jacques, the Espelette pepper, and the vanilla from Madagascar, divine on toast for breakfast, breakfast or snack!
You can also eat there (the restaurant is right next door), we have made an excellent lunch, cooked of course good products from Mr Bordier, as dessert was served: toast, roasted apricots (with vanilla butter), raspberries and red wine reduction, a treat! > 9 rue de l’Orme
- Recommended by Gilles fishmonger (across from Bordier), Au p’tit Bouchot regale us of its molds (I have taken curry, amazing … ^ ^)> 4 rue des Marins
* At ERQUY:
- This is the best fishing port in the corner, so do not hesitate to get up early to go to auction! Large fishing boats early this week and rather small on Thursday / Friday. Ask at the Harbour for the tide times.
* At PAIMPOL:
- I lost the addresses (sorry ), but go ask the tourist office where to buy directly from producers of paimpol’s beans, tomatoes and artichokes, it’s good and cheaper.
* At DINARD:
- We have not had time to get there, and yet from what we said is the most beautiful place! We were advised to take the “walk in the moonlight” (also known as the Promenade des Anglais), to do when the sun goes down …
If you have good addresses in Dinard, I am taking, I’m planning to go there!
And finally thank you very much to Elizabeth and Hugh for their welcome and advice! A big thank you to Mary for letting us visit “his” Brittany, without it we would have missed out on much of pretty things! And lively Plouër :)
Thank you to Alexander and Alain (and Quentin) for making us discover their job and having the patience to let me take pictures!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
65 littles notes
LEAVE A LITTLE NOTE